Click here to view our job opportunities with National!
Email email@example.com if you would like to submit a local job opening, and we will post on this page.
Resumes can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTROLLER - Chamberlin
The CONTROLLER is responsible for managing and reviewing the accounting and reporting for multiple entities and reports directly to the CFO. The role will oversee the general ledger, monthly close process, audit preparation, and financial reporting. Must be a detailed and precise individual with the ability to maintain and support reporting deadlines.
· Responsible for the monthly and yearly accounting close processes
· Ensure timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements
· Review financial statements and perform account reconciliations for irregularities
· Lead compliance efforts pertaining to Labor, Subcontracting and other regulations.
· Prepare budgets and the reporting to monitor them
· Maintain financial data accuracy and integrity; Review internal controls and address any deficiencies
· Lead financial and tax audits
· Ad hoc projects as needed
· Must have 10+ years in Construction or related field with 5+ years at Controller-level
· Experience with multiple locations preferred
· Solid understanding of subcontracting business (e.g. lien laws, labor compliance, bonds, etc.)
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
· CPA experience not required, but a plus
· Exposure to Job Costing and Percent Completion/Work-in-Process is required
· Experience with Viewpoint Vista is a plus
· Proficiency in MS Excel and other related MS Office products
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Self-starter, detail-oriented, and ability to work with minimal supervision
· Paid vacation
· Profit Sharing
· Health, dental, and vision plans
· 401K retirement savings plan
Chamberlin is a specialty subcontractor that provides roofing and sheet metal, waterproofing and caulking, building and garage restoration as well as related maintenance and leak repair services.
From our offices in Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and Oklahoma City to our field operations team, Chamberlin¹s people deliver real expertise combined with a steadfast commitment to do what is truly right on each job we undertake throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana and beyond.